Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Thar be treasure in these parts...

So in kindergarten this year Jacob learned about the
"treasure chest" system. The best helper in his class for the day would get to pick out one prize. So this summer we are getting a treasure chest for when we play school or for the end of the day picking up.
We used a Maya Road tin, rusty pickle "boots n bones" paper, black ric rac and lots of mod podge! This was only my second go around with the stuff and it's fun, but I'm still perfecting my de-bubbling techniques. Anyway....the kids love it!! I went to Wishing Well and spent 15$ on prizes that should last most of the summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cool!

Greta Adams said...

okay girl...i am sooooo lifting this...like yesterday...this just might keep my sanity this summer when i want to scrap.....
LOVE LOVE LOVE this..PERFECT....

Greta Adams said...

oh yes and when i mod podge i use a brayer to smooth everything out...works beautifully

Noel said...

now you tell me!!!! Where was that brayer info 3 days ago...kidding!