Monday, January 14, 2008

Sewing and Scrapbooking

Incorporating sewing with your scrapbooking really isn't a hard thing to do and anyone can do it! Here is a little step by step SIMPLE tutorial of how I made the following card.

First, collect all your supplies that you will need. I used some stuff from my wonderful kit that I got from NoelMignon.com :-)

For this card I used a simple zig-zag stitch. I use an OLD brother machine, that I now use only for sewing on paper. I don't want to sew paper on my new machine, so this one does JUST fine lol.
I do suggest taking your time when working with paper. My thread broke halfway though this and it was HARD to get it back just right.... so ignore the extra holes :-)


Before I adhered my paper the card, I inked the edges just a tad of colorbox ink to add some contrast. I LOVE using ink. Colorbox and Tim Holtz are my two favorite brands.
Place everything where you want it and taa-dah! You are done. A pretty quick simple card!
I even added a little stamp to the back!

Supplies Used:
January Kit from NoelMingon.com
Bazzill CS
Fancy Pants Crush PP
Titles and Tags, Fancy Pants Crush

Non-Kit Supplies:
7Gypsies Graffer Tape
Colorbox Ink
HS Photo Corner and heart

Hope you all enjoyed it! I did! LOL :-)

2 comments:

Noel said...

These look great Adrienne...I'm so going to do this before Jan. is up!!

AshleyS said...

great job, Adrienne!