Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Using Shaped Cardstock

I love using shaped cardstock on my pages. It is an easy way of adding some fun and whimsy to a page. You can use the shaped cardstock as the background itself, of layer it on other cardstock or patterned paper, and then layer your photos and other patterned paper on top of it. The latter is my favorite way to use it, and below are a few example of using a heart shaped piece of cardstock in this way. On both of these examples, I adhered the shaped cardstock where I wanted it, and then trimmed the excess.


Notice on the second page, I inked the edges of the heart so it would stand out against the background.

On this next page, I used another shape in a similar way, and decided to really accent the shape by placing some buttons on the scallops.

If you haven't tried using shaped cardstock, I hope you will! It really is fun and what could be easier!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love Those Lo's. I have to try the shaped paper. You make it look so easy....

Adrienne said...

I love these! You did a great job! Shaped paper is so fun!

AshleyS said...

great layouts!! I have a phobia about my scalloped cardstock!!

Noel said...

Be on the lookout for shaped cardstock in the upcoming kit!! great tips Terri!!

Jana Eubank said...

These are fabulous, Terri! Love your tips!