Monday, April 7, 2008

Working with multiple elements....

Hey guys! Today I want to talk about adding different elements to your scrapbook pages.

Here is an oldie for me but I still love it. On this LO, I used several different techniques and that really made this one fun for me.

I printed on a transparency all the different words that described Kayla. I also added her name throughout the words in different fonts, so it wouldn't all look the same. Printing on transparency is REALLY easy and it's a good way to add subtle touches to your pages. I use Hammermill Transparencies and they work REALLY well. I always print on the rough side and depending on the boldness of what I am printing, I will print in draft mode. I have an Epson R1800 printer.
It can be difficult to attach transparency, so here I decided to use eyelets and ribbon. It's anchors it to the page, but still gives me some texture. I also added ribbon to the strips of paper under her photo to tie it all together.

I also incorporated, inking, and sewing. It adds small touches without overpowering the LO. That is one thing you have to be careful of when using lots of different techniques. Not to take away from the photo or your story.
And that is it :-)

Little things (even when working with a few different techinques) can add a lot of wow to a LO!

1 comment:

Noel said...

Great tips Adrienne! And I'm with you about overpowering your work with elements...it's such a fine line between getting it just right and going a bit overboard.

:)