Thursday, May 22, 2008

That Smile

So this is how my day has unfolded thus far, and it's only 2pm right this second. Got up, made coffee and scrambled eggs, checked email, got dressed, got my 6 year old dressed and brushed his teeth, made his lunch and took him to school. I let the twins go in their PJ's. Came home, finished my coffee, got the twins dressed and brushed, packed a box to ship, and then out the door to the store to mail out my box and get some much needed food for my family.
Got to the store, which offers free "play care" while you shop. It's the best thing in the world and I drive extra far to this store because they have a postal center and this free play care so I can shop in peace. So after getting the box on it's way I noticed we were to early to get into playcare....we had about 15 minutes to kill. So I let the boys pick out some fruit roll ups and then I found my way to the magazine isle to try and kill some time. Luckily it's right next to the toy section so I could browse without anyone hanging on me.
I found this!! And when I got home I unloaded my groceries, made the kids lunch, ate some myself, and then opened this up and got to page 14 before I found a sketch I wanted to do.

So then I spent an hour doing this! I realized it's perfect for the color challenge too! I used papers and the label from the Tree House kit. Ribbon is from SEI, chipboard from Heidi Swapp. I also used a random journaling spot and the edges of the Jenni Bowlin boy icon tickets.

Now off to pick this boy...who is now 6...up from school! :)

1 comment:

Peg said...

I saw this magazine at Michael's the other day. I'm going to have to go back and get it.

I love the lo you made from the sketch in it.