Friday, May 8, 2009

Tea Time and My Guys!


What a mix of a title huh! This kit is so versatile it is great for boys and girls!
I was inspired by the paper doily in the kit and remembered a birthday party my daughter went to when we were stationed in Germany and knew this kit would be perfect to scrap that moment! I dug way back in my photos and came up with these photos of Madison at her "tea party" from 2004!

I have had these pictures of my boys sitting around for years and have never pulled them out to scrap, but when I saw this paper with "My Favorite Guy" on it I remember this photo, I simply added an "s" to the end to include them all!

This page pretty much scrapped itself with the large decorative label on the background page... I added a couple pictures and embellishments and it came together in less than an hour! (which for me is pretty quick! lol)

I am SO very excited to be the Guest Designer this month for Noel Mignon... I have been a stalker of her beautiful kits for awhile and was over the moon when she asked me to guest design for May. I have to admit though when I saw it was going to be a vintage kit I whacked my own forehead... anyone who knows my styles knows I am far from vintage! lol...
BUT...
As soon as I pulled pictures for this kit the layouts totally FELL INTO PLACE!! Everything is coordinating and so beautiful together, it makes it hard not to put together a great page quickly! I love knowing too that they pulled me a bit out of my normal comfort box and got me to scrap pictures that I normally wouldn't scrap... if you are on the fence on this kit or thinking you aren't a very vintage scrapper like me I say GO FOR IT... grab up this "Penny Arcade" kit and get to scrapping!!

2 comments:

dstandard said...

Gorgeous work with the kit Kim! Loving these pages

Jana Eubank said...

How perfect is this kit for those Tea party pictures! So sweet! And I'm in love with the "My Favorite Guy" page . . . what a neat way to use the label stickers!