Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friendship challenge layout

Hi there!
I want to share the layout I made for this week's Friendship challenge.
This one is about getting together with some of my favorite scrapbooking buddies to scrapbook at our favorite scrapbook store one last time before it closed.
{sniff!}
I used the fabulous Rise and Shine kit for this one.
To make the title I used the Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers in the kit as a mask.
I messily painted over them, waited for them to dry, then pulled them off the layout.
{I saved the letters because they look cool even though I painted over them and I plan to use them again!}
And I made the flowers by layering crumpled patterned paper (cut into circles with a circle punch) over some of the Scenic Route chipboard shapes in the kit and then adding buttons.
{that green paper is KI paper from my stash}
Thanks for looking!
:)
gretchen

1 comment:

Noel said...

Very cool techniques on this Gretchen! I love the mask painting and the layered flowers! :)