Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Have a Coke & A Smile!

When Noel told us this latest challenge, I knew right away what I wanted to share. I have this little mini album sitting in my craft room to remind me when I lose focus of why I do this obsession- er, hobby. :)



I kept a similar format throughout the book to keep it cohesive and easy to put together, and it's still one of my favorite albums. You can see more of it (and the other designers' take on this challenge) right here.

(Oh my goodness, that picture above is of Emerson and Atticus just a couple of years ago. Good grief, time is flying by fast!)

I have another layout to share from the Five Foot Two and Eyes of Blue kits. Emerson got to have her first Coke on the 4th of July, and like any good scrappy mama, I took pics to record this occasion. :)
The Cosmo Cricket spinner card with the coke bottle spinner was the perfect accent, but since none of the "confessions" on the card fit with the picture, I cut a circle out of patterned paper and adhered it to the card instead. Perfect!
I love how the Distress Crackle paint looks when it's really glopped on. So cool and crackly!
And here's a few more sneak peeks at the inside of my Day by Day planner! I'll be doing a full reveal to the participants in my "Day By Day class." Jana sent me pics last night of her album and it's BEAUTIFUL (of course!). :) This is such a fun project!

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

Love the sneaks of the Day by Day! Ooooo! I'm just dying to see more! :) And your Coke layout is so sweet! I know I've said it before, but I just LOVE the way you group elements together!