Saturday, October 3, 2009

The 31st Kit- it's not just for Halloween!

My friend Whitney took these beautiful shots of me and my new girly while we were in the hospital- on my 30th birthday! I couldn't wait to scrap them and my very special birthday gift. :)

I used the new (and sold out) "The 31st Kit"- and even though it's mostly Halloween themed product, I was able to incorporate it very nicely into this girly-girl birthday layout.

(I did add a piece of October Afternoon paper from the Five Foot Two kit, along with these fabulous labels .. and for what it's worth, the labels are on sale for $2.16!)



I loved that the Making Memories word stickers had more than just "spooky" words- perfect for my layout!
I've been on a kick lately of punching different sized, randomly placed holes into my scalloped borders. I think it adds a fun touch, especially when you layer something with color peeking through underneath.

2 comments:

Nitasha said...

Gorgeous baby girl! And Beautiful layout- what a way to think outside of the box! You Noel Mignon Ladies Rock!!!

Jana Eubank said...

This is gorgeous, V! I LOVE those random punches in your scallops. What a fun, whimsical detail!