Monday, December 7, 2009

Glittering Sight

My very favorite decorations to put up each year are our Christmas trees. We have a "fancy" one that goes on our main floor and then our "sentimental" tree is in the basement.Several years ago, as our Christmas present to one another, my husband and I decided to invest in decorations for our tree. I'm so glad we did! I love the magical feeling this tree brings to our home every holiday season.



Page created with Noel Mignon DEAR SANTA kit. The buttons and glittery, floral sprigs are from my stash.



Scalloped accent tag is misted with the Shimmerz Spritz included in the kit for a bit of shimmer! :)



Our tree in the basement (where we open gifts from Santa) is filled with the ornaments we've collected and made together as a family over the years. As I was decorating that tree, I realized that my very favorite ornaments are the ones that show my children growing each year . . . you know, the ones that include a picture of them, a handprint, their writing, etc.

Keeping this in mind, I thought it would be fun to make ornaments this year with my children's handprints on them. I had them "stamp" their hand onto red cardstock using white paint. Next, I traced a mitten shape around their handprint and cut them out. I traced this shape onto chipboard, cut it out and then decorated the other side with patterned paper. I added their name, the year, and how old they are . . . I'm thinking I will add a photo of them opening their presents this year on the backside. :)



Ornaments created with the Noel Mignon DEAR SANTA kit, except for the Zva Creative Pearl Snowflake from my stash.



These should be fun to look back on several years from now and see how much they have grown. I hope you enjoyed this idea!

For more ornament and tree trimming ideas, come see what we are doing in Santa's Workshop" in the Noel Mignon forum." :)

Happy Tree Trimming!
Jana

2 comments:

Noel said...

This is so beautiful Jana! I love the leaves you found at Michaels! They are perfect for scrapping!

I am so making the hand print ornaments! What a great classroom activity too!

Sheila Mayden said...

These are sooooo cute! What a creative idea! Take it from the mother of big guys, you will cherish these forever. I have scrapped for many years and I have always traced my boys hand on their birthday and cut it out for one o their birthday pages. This is much better but they are far too old now!