Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lil' Gift Box.....and a crooked tree....

Have you been over to Santa's Workshop on the Message Board lately? There are some incredible ideas for Christmas there that you definitely want to check out!! I've included this little box! I've altered it using the Dear Santa kit, a couple of jingle bells and a button. Wouldn't this be a cute way to give some jewelry to the recipient? I just tore my scraps and Modged Podged them to the box. I outlined the perimeter with Stickles and then sprinkled mica flakes on top. The snowflake is by Spellbinders and I did airbrush it with the die cut still on it. I love the contrast of the blue and white!

I added my button, jingle bells, and lil' tag!
The next LO was created for this week's challenge: Merry & Bright, which means holiday & BLING. Except my LO ran into a few snags.............Do you want to see a cockeyed tree? Well.....here it is! I had this idea to make a large tree....spent quite a bit of time dressing it up, adding layers and such only to realize it was a wee bit crooked. By the time I realized it....it was pretty late. So I guess the cockeyed tree is staying. : ) I used Noel's Dear Santa kit for this one as well! I used last year's picture of us with Santa. Surprisingly everyone turned out pretty well!

Here are those "vintage" snowflakes! Tutorial HERE if you are interested!



May your Christmas tree be straight and your day bright! : )



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

looks amazing michele!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that box and the lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Noel said...

Your box is beyond adorable...love the glitter around the edge!