Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Name Challenge Page

Can't believe that this month has gone by so quickly!! I've had a blast playing with my Sonoma County kit. Thanks Noel and the rest of the team for your hospitality. ;)

As you know, the latest challenge was to create a page about your name. Well, I had a lot to say since I don't like my name! At first this page just wasn't coming together. But, then I realized that it would be fine not to include a photo and it was easy from there! I love the little girl from the Cosmo Cricket paper, so I thought she could be my stand in.



I created the fun flower banner by punching out some flowers and running them through the the sewing machine. Then, I added them to the page. Some were adhered with foam adhesive for dimension.




There's another one of my doily flowers. Remember them from last week's post?


In case youre interested, here's my journaling:

I’ve always hated my name. I endured years of teasing as a child. They called me “Liberty Bell”, “Cowbell” and “Doorbell’. People would actually snicker when I told them my name.
I asked my parents many times why they ‘blessed’ me with this name.
The story was that I was going to be Elizabeth until the day I was born. Then, for some unknown reason, my mom changed her mind and decided on Anabelle, after the Anabelle Lee poem. My dad went along with it and that’s what ended up on my birth certificate.
I suppose I could have shortened it to Ann or Ana, but that just never happened. I’ve come to grips with my name now, but I still wish I could have been a Mary or Sue or Jane, like so many of the girls born in the 60s. But, at least people don’t confuse me with anyone. I’m the only Anabelle I know!

This was a super fun page to do. Can't wait to see what you all do with this challenge.

Have a great day,
Anabelle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a gorgeous page and I love your name!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your name!!! I think its BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo too....the flowers are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jana Eubank said...

I adore this page, Anabelle!!! And I loved reading about your name. :) Your design is adorable with the doily, gems . . . and LOOOOOVE the flower banners. It has been so much fun to have you with us this month. I'm sad to see the month end. YOU ROCK!!!! ;)