Monday, June 28, 2010

Playing Princess





I have LOVED using up every last bit of my Noel Mignon Lemonade Stand kit (sorry, sold out)! The colors of that kit were so perfect for this picture of my daughter pretending to be a princess.



This is an important memory for me because my daughter practically LIVES in Princess dress-ups every single day. Her favorite thing to do is put on her latest DVD and act out the story with dress-ups and props as she watches. Pretty cute . . . and totally girly! I know this phase won't last forever, so I wanted to capture my girl being her cute self. :)



The actual picture was taken in a dark hallway of our home with a flash. The colors in the photo turned out muddled, and the harsh shadows didn't contribute to the princess feel I was going for. I decided to convert my photo to black and white and let the soft colors in the page design create the feeling I wanted. :)



I added a pearl flourish by Zva Creative, lace trim and a few buttons from my stash as finishing touches.



Have you capture your family in the middle of playtime? Pull out your camera and make it a goal this week to capture the things they like to do.

Have a great week!
Jana

2 comments:

Grace said...

cute layout. grace

Mel said...

Oh Jana she is gorgeous and this layout is perfect, how cute that she has such a wonderful imagination, I love your idea of capturing them doing something special like this. The lemonade kit was just gorgeous and so many layouts from 1 kit. Gorgeous. Melxx