Thursday, August 19, 2010

Journaling/Photo Tips



Hi there! I've got a few journaling and photo tips to share with you today and a new layout that I created for our recent crop using the Sun-Kissed kit. 

We normally take upwards of a 100 photos of firsts/events of our girls. Yep, I know. :) But there is no way that I will ever scrapbook all of them so what I do is go through the photos on my computer and highlight the ones I think I might scrapbook. For this layout, I chose 4 photos and made a collage of them on my layout. 

I wanted to tell a story here so that's what I looked for in my photos. I chose an establishing shot (all of us posed in front of the ice cream shop sign), an action photo that showed what we were doing (feeding the girls ice cream) and two detail shots (Lily with an ice cream mustache and me feeding Nora close up). 


Here's a close-up of my title... (love these October Afternoon wild cards).


And a close-up of the embellishment collage at the top of my layout that I created by layering half of a drink umbrella, an Imaginisce flower and the American Crafts flair in the kit. 


I usually leave my journaling until last on my layouts but try to keep in mind how much I want to say when I am creating. I ALWAYS journal. ALWAYS. In my opinion, the photos won't mean anything unless there is a story to go along with it. Once I was almost done with this layout, I decided the best place for my journaling was around my patterned paper and photo block. I usually write it all down first in pencil and then go over it with a journaling pen and erase my lines.

See you next time!
Jill

2 comments:

Scrapamum said...

Love that LO!!!!

Cassie said...

This is fabulous!!!
Look at that umbrella!!
Love it!
=)