Sunday, August 29, 2010

U Always!

Good morning! I hope you are doing well on this beautiful Sunday morning! I am sipping my coffee and enjoying the quiet before the kiddos get up! I have a LO to share with today using the new, "Sweet Sue" kit. Another FABULOUS kit packed with fun embellishments and papers! I decided to scrap these silly pictures of my son. He is a total ham and loves posing for the camera! I cut some large shapes to ground the photos and surrounded them with stickers by Sassafrass Lass.
I adhered the stickers to black paper and used a fine tip scissor to cut around the flowers and cut into the petals, so I could bend them up. I added various buttons and rhinestones to the centers.

The stars were punched and given a layer of Tim Holtz Distressing Stickles in Shabby Shutters. (Also in the kit!) I let it dry, inked the edges in brown ink, folded the stars up a bit, and added a rhinestone to the centers also.
I don't typically use many flowers on boy pages, but for some reason I felt like these "worked." Call them my "masculine" flowers! : )
Have a great day!!! And be sure to grab YOUR Sweet Sue kit! Only 13 left!!!


2 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Love the big star and how you curled up the edges of the elements! You always ROCK the boy pages! . . . What am I saying . . . EVERY page you make ROCKS! ;)

Jenn K said...

I am in LOVE with this layout!!