Saturday, October 2, 2010

By Popular Demand


Hi everyone! Today I am going to show you a play by play of how I created my "Vampire Diaries" layout. I used the "Sleepy Hollow" kit (sorry sold out) as well as the current challenge.

Ok. Here we go! First I chose the green script paper from Making Memories as my background. I then cut a strip of kraft paper, sprinkled some Maya Road cherry mist, and did some stitching with my sewing machine. I also cut out a strip of the striped Making Memories paper and used my Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom portion.


Next I added my pictures and a Melissa Frances label to hide the seam of the kraft and striped paper.


Since my layout is about vampires, I used the title of one of my favorite shows for this layout.


The layout is almost finished but the top portion of the kraft paper looks a little plain to me so I decided to add the spiderweb rub-on from Pink Paislee. I also typed out my journaling, inked the edges of the strips before adhering them to my layout.


Before I could call it quits, my layout needed yet something else. This time around I created a charm by using one of the metal charms from The Girls' Paperie, a Jenni Bowlin button, and a bat from Making Memories.


I took a step back and glanced at my layout. Now I could finally call it done and I am happy with the results. I hope this gave you a little glance into my design process. If you have any questions, let me know. I am more than happy to answer them!




Happy creating!
Diana

1 comment:

AmyInKy said...

Love how you layered the charm, chipboard and bat! Very cool layout. :)