Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a few Halloween projects

 Hey there! I thought I'd share the projects I did for the challenge this week and a post I did over on the Tips & Techniques blog. First the layout. For the challenge this week we had to create a layout using shades of the same color. But only one color. Eeek!! I will admit I was a bit intimidated by this one. But once I started playing around I found that my layout came together pretty easily!

I used the fabulous Sleepy Hollow kit for this layout of my kids in the pumpkin patch this year. Thankfully I had some pictures that had colors other than orange so that in itself added that extra splash of color. I used an oval punch to create the little pumpkins at the bottom.

Leaving a white border around my photos also helped them to stand out against all of the orange on my page. You can check out the challenge here along with the other DT members' creations. Be sure to share your layouts with us!!

I also created these fun little treat bags over at the Tips & Techniques blog. You can check out the instructions here!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

great stuff Michelle! and i never thought about using an oval punch to make pumpkins. great idea! thanks for the tip!