Monday, February 21, 2011

6x6

Do you ever make 6x6 pages?
I am usually a 12x12 girl with the occasional 8.5x11 thrown in.
But over the past several months I have been making 6x6 pages for some of the races I have run.
I am compiling them all into this 6x6 album by Pink Paislee.
Bluecanvas
It has a ring binder so I can add pages as I go!
6x6 does not leave alot of extra room so I usually do a double-page spread.
I use a single picture and make sure to include just the highlights in my journaling: date, location, and my time.
Now I usually end up doing a 12x12 page about the run also {well, if it is a fun one!} and use it to include all the pictures of the day and more detailed journaling if needed.
But I think it will be fun to have this album where I can keep a record of all my runs in one place!
{you know, so when I am old & have bad knees, I can pull it out and be like, "See what I used to be able to do!!"}
Here is the latest page I added to the album...
Supplies: most everything is from Truly Scrumptious but I pulled the chipboard letters from Very Virginia & the chipboard stars are from my stash
For good measure, here are a couple other pages from my album too... Small pages + simple design = quick pages!
I really wish I had started an album like this for some other things like Nascar races we have been too, Disney trips, etc.
Maybe I will eventually get around to it!
*****
Don't forget that the newest kit {Delightfully Domestic} is up for pre-order today!
Get yours while the getting is good!!
Happy Monday!
:)
gretchen

No comments: