Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Spring Cleaning Tradition & Fun at the Park

I didn't get my layout done in time for our current "Domestic Goddess" challenge (I'll claim it was because I was being so domestic that I didn't have time to scrap... ;) ) BUT I did finally get a layout done with one of our Spring Cleaning Traditions: getting our front porch ready for spring!

Created with the Delightfully Domestic kit- sorry, sold out!

We do this every year- our porch gets all sorts of stuff piled up on it during the winter: dead leaves, things that blow up onto it, and toys that get randomly left out there. The kids and I get it all "prettified" once it gets warm so that we can spend lots of time out there- and we do!
For the title area, I used some mist, then "stamped" with the lid + some distress ink, then stamped with the cute stamp included in the kit (yay me!), and added some stickles to the letters to make them really stand out.
Below, you can see the little detail I added to the scalloped circle die cut paper. When I punched out all the shapes to reveal the negative side of the border, I saved them, and flipped them over to show the cute polka-dot pattern on them. Then I adhered those down in each spot. It looks a lot more time consuming than it actually is, and I love the definition it adds!
This next layout is one I created with the brand new Jump and Jive kit (there's still a few left to grab!).
I love the playful yet vintage feel of these papers- perfect for our pictures from playing at the park yesterday!

I created a little scalloped border by cutting some of the Cosmo Cricket mini doilies in half and then tucking them under the border. I really like the pop of color it adds.
Those cabachon flowers are such cute little additions to the title!
Make sure to grab up one of the Jump & Jive kits before they're all gone!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have said it before... I love the colors in that kit!! Great pages! Not much scrapping at my house... spring cleaning... blech.

Barb said...

What a cute layout....it must be warm where you are, not here. I hope you don't mind if I scraplift the scallop border idea...I love it...thanks for sharing.
Barb