Friday, April 1, 2011

A little hospital loot goes a long way!

Okay, I know. It's the weirdest name for a post, like, ever. But true, nonetheless!

This week I drove home to be with my sis while she was in the hospital (luckily she is out, now!) and while I was there, I stumbled on a cool little piece of fluff. If you've ever spent time in the sick house, you know about their disposable washcloths, right? For those of you who haven't, they're these sort of tightly woven gauzy things that are surprisingly soft and very absorbent. And I looked at them and went, "Yep, I'm gonna make me some flowers with those."



So when I got home back to Mamala's house I cut them up into the rosette bases and sprayed them up with some Glimmer Mist. I tried to make them a couple different shades just to add a little more umph to them.



Then I dried them with the heat gun until they were nice and crisp.



Then I just spun them around like any other paper rosette, and voila!



You end up with these adorable little rosettes that look just like you made them from felt. They are so soft and so easy to make! I added them to this book bag that my mom made. She's good, no?

Well that's it for me!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
xoxo
Britt

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are really cool!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Those are so cool! What an awesome idea!

Kim Moreno said...

Geez!! I bow to your techniqey self!! Awesome and oh so fun!!