Thursday, April 14, 2011

Play Ball!


Happy Thursday, friends! Hopefully, you have been enjoying warm spring weather wherever you are! We have had some beautiful days in Iowa although I hear there is a chance of snow on Friday. Yuck! My layout I have to share today uses the gorgeous "Jump & Jive" kit. I have fallen completely in love with this kit. I'm really loving the color combination! These photos are very recent (as in a staged photo shoot last week)...HA...but the emotion and pure joy on my girls' faces is all reality. 

Funny little story... my girls scream in excitement when they see the red balls outside of Target. "BA! BA! BA!" is all we hear so their daddy picked them up their own "Target red balls" from their favorite place. They have fun kicking the ball, picking it up and rolling it around our yard. I think we'll have plenty of entertainment from their new toys this spring and summer. When I looked through the photos we took last week, I about died laughing when I saw the photos I ended up using on the top of my layout. We couldn't have staged those if we tried...perfect synchronization and in a perfect line! 


I used both the alphabets in the kit by Sassafras Lass and American Crafts and outlined to help them pop off the page. The red pinked stickers are from the Portrait collection by Crate Paper. 


I created a grid with punched pinked circles (punch by Martha Stewart) and patterned paper by Basic Grey, Echo Park, My Mind's Eye and Lily Bee. The doilies and butterflies are by Cosmo Cricket and brads are by My Mind's Eye. 


I loved the chipboard "happy" sticker by My Mind's Eye.


Here I layered patterned paper by Basic Grey, a die-cut by My Mind's Eye that I cut apart to fit the photo and a Cosmo Cricket butterfly.


And here's another close-up of this collage...


See you next week!
Jill


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so sick of the snow!! We here in WI are supposed to get some too!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your LO!! So fun!!!

Gretchen said...

this is so fun Jill!!