Friday, July 15, 2011

A video and another easy summer kids' craft!


Have you bought your Salt Water Taffy kit yet? Huh? Huh? Huh? ;)

If you're still trying to decide, check out this video I did of the kit contents.

(I'm obviously not a professional video maker by any means, so I apologize in advance!)



I have another simple craft for you to do with your kids this summer, using scrapbooking supplies.

First, gather your items:
a 12x12 piece of cardstock (I used white)
patterned paper
green paint
red paint
orange paint
cute kids
Trace around arm and hand on a piece of patterned paper. (Next time, we're going to use some cute woodgrain paper to do this- I kind of did it on the fly, so I just grabbed whatever was closest).
Next, let your kid cut it out. This is great cutting practice for the little ones! (Even if they do slice through the wrong part of the paper... it's okay, because we're going to glue it all down to the piece of cardstock.)
Then, they can use their fingers to make leaves, fruit, and little creatures.
Here's the sample I made for them! We're going to do this next week for our Vacation Bible School on die cut cardstock, and I think they will have a blast making them- my kids did!







3 comments:

Moondust47 said...

Great project for kids. I LOVE the video!!! Getting to see it all piece by piece like that really does make a difference. Thanks! Happy summer to you too!

Michelle said...

The kit is so fun!!! I really like the craft project with the kids. I should do this one with my 4yr old little boy. I think he would like this.

Amanda King said...

Thanks for this great idea! Can't wait to give it a try. I just found your blog today and what a treat. I absolutely love it. I have been going through old posts for over and hour and I am so inspired. Thanks again!