Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Create Simply!

Here's a little sneak peek of a class I have coming up here in November! It's going to be mini mania, friends! I'm going to show you all kinds of ideas for mini books - both long-term and event-focused - and all kinds of ways to bind them, make your own, and give you lots of free printables so you can make lots of unique minis for yourself, or for gifting this holiday season!


This is a simple little mini that I made using some Authentique and Cosmo Cricket papers. I added a stamped and inked Maya Road Chipboard piece and some My Mind's Eye brads to the cover. But the most awesome part of this mini is the inside pages.


I used some of Cosmo Cricket's new Tiny Text stickers as journaling prompts in the center of each page. And lemme just tell you, there are a LOT of good ones on those sticker sheets! I was wishing I'd have put more than 12 pages in this book by the time I got to the end!


I like the idea of this being a journal that I pick up every now and then - maybe once a week - and just jot down how I feel about the prompt. It's good to write, just to get things off your chest, and also to look back on to see how you'd respond now. I also like the idea of maybe taking the pages and using them as the journaling on future pages, as I find photos that go with the journaling.

These are some of the things we'll be talking about in the class, so I hope you'll join us! The class is going to be the first week in November - my birthday month - so we'll also be having a fun giveaway to go along with it! It's going to be lots of fun, and I'm going to be using the November kit to make all my projects, so you'll definitely want to check in closer to the date to get your hands on a kit of your own. I'll be posting more info about how you can register for this class very soon! 
I CAN'T WAIT!!

Happy Scrappin'!
xoxo
Britt

No comments: