Friday, November 18, 2011

Hudson Valley- Frenemies and Community



I have been LOVING playing with the gorgeous colors in the Hudson Valley kit. It's really gotten my creative self going again and it's felt great. 

I loved reading this step-by-step tutorial from Georgia Keays on the Lily Bee Blog and used some of her tips on this layout about my youngest and her "best friend." 

Since they are both in the terrible two stage, sometimes their friendship turns a little ugly, hence the title. hehehe I am hoping to catch a photo of their true nature sometime soon so I can document it. ;) 

In the photo below, I used that adorable stamp in the kit. I will be using it a ton! 




I also created the layout below using the Hudson Valley kit, and this one is for our current challenge. 


2 sheets of card stock (the vanilla and kraft)
3 sheets of pattern Paper (the apple print, the strip below it, and the woodgrain)
1 ribbon (the brown grosgrain)
1 twine (strung up over the banner)
4 stickers (the round label sticker, the label with pointing hand, the strip above the vertical photo, and the strip below the word community)
2 different alphas (thickers or stickers) "fall" and "community"
A pinch of stitching (I did faux stitching up the side!)
A dash of rub ons (the branch)
a smidgen of fabric (the red ticking I used as a base for the banner)




No comments: