Monday, January 2, 2012

Coloring with Cabin Fever

Happy New Year, Everyone! Jana here with a sketch and a Cabin Fever Kit layout to share with you today.


My 5-year-old daughter is constantly drawing pictures & notes for everyone in our family and making little books. I love it, because she hangs out with me in my scrapbook room a lot. We have a great time chatting about her stories and creations while she sifts through my scraps looking for new bits to play with. On this particular day, we cut several scraps down for her to put in the sleeves of an old 4 x 6 album. She was as happy as could be!


I used the soft neutrals of the Cabin Fever kit as the base of my layout, adding in a bit of the Fancy Pants floral patterned paper and blue spray ink for color. The reds and dark browns ground the elements together and the cream Elle's Studio tags/banner pieces add some detail without overpowering the rest of the design.


A little bit of the My Mind's Eye yellow baker's twine and yellow October Afternoon label sticker tie into the yellow shirt my daughter is wearing in the photos . . . keeping the focus on her. :)


If you decide to use my sketch, I'd love to see your take on it! Leave a link to your page in the comments on this post so we can check it out!

Have a great week!

Jana Eubank

1 comment:

dstandard said...

Beautiful page - love the colors!