Monday, February 20, 2012

Postmarked with Love


For Valentine's Day, my daughter's Kindergarten class learned all about how a post office works by having their own Valentine post office. They each made their own mailbox and learned how to address, stamp, sort, cancel, and deliver the valentines to each person's box. I recorded this fun memory with the delicious papers and goodies from the Charm School Kit.


First, I created my background with strips of patterned paper from my kit that I had already cut down from other projects. I added a bit of the Crate Paper lace trim and some stitching. Next I built my design on top of the background, clustering together several elements around my three photos. The overlapping elements hugging each other connects everything together.


I LOVE that Noel Mignon kits always come with more than one alphabet. I love to mix my alphabet stickers for an eye-catching title. This time, I also added a die cut word as part of the title. I also cut out an image of a postmark design to go behind my title and strengthen the theme of my page.


I also cut out a file folder shape with my Cricut die cutting machine to house the story of this page. A patterned paper strip underneath the bottom of the entire design helps it to feel anchored.


I actually had a hard time choosing what I wanted that last patterned paper strip to be underneath my photo cluster. Did I like the strong red and the way it emphasized the Valentine theme? . . . or did I want a softer, more chromatic look with the printed kraft paper? Isn't it amazing how different a layout can feel just by switching out one of the patterns you use? Which one do you like better?

Happy scrapping!

Jana Eubank

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is so DARLING! Love all your layering touches with this! xx
Loves,
K

Melanie said...

Really cute LO. You always have the best details. I think I like the pop of the red better :)