Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Altered film holder

I am a big second hand and thrift shopper and I love to repurpose old items to make new ones. I decided to use this old film holder to make this project. I used the lovely patterned papers from the "Summer Wind" kit.

First I cut a piece of  Pink Paislee paper to fit inside the film holder. Next I added one of my favorite photos from Rialto Beach, Washington, from a trip last Summer. I wanted to keep this project simple so I just added a piece of ruffled trim to the top and wound some Queen and Co. twine and added the adorable brads from the kit.

Using more of the patterned paper I punched some butterflies and stacked them with glue dots to give it some dimension. I also punched a border and added it behind my photo. The "Lovely" sticker was perfect and since it already had adhesive all I had to do was place it on my project.

I hope this has inspired you to use your kit to alter something different! It's always fun to make something old "new" again!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Shelley, what a fabulous project! You have a great eye for things like this. It really inspires me :)