Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lego Love!!!

Photobucket 

 My 5 year old has recently become OBSESSED with legos.  He just loves the whole process of pouring through the directions & piecing together these fun little creations :)  I wanted to scrap some pics I had snapped the other day & also was really wanting to use the adorable Heidi Swap frames from the West Coast kit.  I didn't have enough pics to fill in all 4 frames, but decided to use all 4 anyway.  I alternated my design of the frames between text and photos . . .

Photobucket

For some reason I have always been intimidated by those Studio Calico Fabrips, I don't know why.  However, I decided to really have fun with this layout & branch out a bit :)  I just folded the Fabrip back & forth to create this ruffled edge . . .

Photobucket

Speaking of trying a few new things - I have seen the scattered punches on layouts around the web and loved how they looked.  I decided to break out a few hole punches from my stash (including that cute heart one) and got busy to "scattering" . . .

Photobucket

This year I have vowed to make an effort to journal on every layout.  It is my least favorite thing to do, mostly because I tend to struggle with what to say, but I know it is probably what will be treasured most by my children :)

Photobucket

Thanks for letting me share today everyone!!!  Feel free to break out into your own kits and/or stash & try something new today :)

4 comments:

Leslie Ashe said...

GORGEOUS! I adore what you did with the SC Fab rip! you've totally inspired me.

Leslie Ashe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Ashe said...

(that was me deleting my comment that double posted...oops!)

Diane Payne said...

Love this...especially the way you used the fabrips. I'm gonna have to give that a try.