Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happiness is . . .

Photobucket 

 Hello everyone!!!  Happy Wednesday :)  I had the chance to dive back into my Evening Stroll kit and get creating!!!  I took this great shot of my parents & kids from earlier this summer that I have been wanting to scrap and the blues, greens, and yellows in this kit went perfect with this black & white pic!!

Photobucket

I LOVED that the kit had so many different alphas & fun stickers.  I used a mix of them in my title work.  I also was excited to use the My Minds Eye tiny word stickers.  I have been wanting to try using these within my journaling & finally was able to - YAY!!

Photobucket

I have recently fell into the wash tape craze - it is so much fun to try using it in different ways :)  I really liked the navy striped tape found in the kit & decided to use it to create a photo corner of sorts to the right of the picture.  Layered among patterned paper & chipboard, the tape added a fun border to the photo's edge.

Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments:

MarciaD said...

Love your layout Julie and the journaling! Thanks for showing how to use the MME word stickers! I wasn't sure how to use these, and now I am definitely going to try them. Also love your use of the washi tape. Thank you for the inspiration!

Jen said...

Okay, this is gorgeous. That idea with the washi tape is stunning and brings the focus right in on the picture!! I have so many ideas now from checking out the blog today... fantastic.