Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teddy Bear


Hi everyone! I hope your week got off to a great start yesterday. I dug into the Evening Stroll kit over the weekend for my second layout kit. Last week I shared my layout "Baby Doll" that featured a photo of my mom holding her doll when she was little so I thought it would be fun to follow that up this week with a photo of my dad from his childhood holding his stuffed teddy bear.

To add some visual interest and contrast to the repeating pattern in the yellow Studio Calico paper, I cut out some of the centers of the paper and backed it with coordinating papers.
For some dimension I placed the blue Queen & Co. goosebumps in the center of the flowers and then popped up some of the yellow cut outs.
I trimmed my patterned paper with a strip of blue paper and scalloped tissue paper.
For my title, I used various embellishments and stickers along with the Prima label stamp and ink. The journaling is included on the "noted" die-cut and tucked under the photo.

All supplies for this layout are from the Evening Stroll kit except for the blue mist, which is from the Boardwalk kit. I hope you are enjoying the super versatile Evening Stroll kit as much as I am. Make sure to share your layouts with us on the message board.

One last thing before I go...don't forget about the Back to School crop next week. Start gathering your photos now. It's going to be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is just STUNNING! Love all your details! xx :)

Leslie Ashe said...

Your work is SO inspiring!! I LOVE this layout Diane! What a darling photo!