Monday, September 10, 2012

*What A GRIN*


Good Monday morning!







Did you have a good weekend? I sure hope so!
I know I did! It was nice & relaxing.

Today I'm sharing a layout I created of my SWEET boy & that
fabulous smile of his. I'm a bit biased, of course.
But not only am I sharing that - but also a technique using the fun hexagon
(chicken wire) mask that Noel put in the September "Evening Stroll" kit:
 
I placed the hexagon mask (which is by Studio Calico) on the left side of my cardstock
& lightly sprayed using some Studio Calico mist (Clay) I had on my desk.

Next I took the top off my mist & let some dribbles fall on my paper.
I took the mask and placed it down on the right, which left the negative image of what's on the left side.
 
I took a black pen & outlined a few of the hexagons on the left - then took the mask &
traced the hexagon shapes on the right.
 
then I built my layout surrounding it.
Here's some closer images:
this was so much fun to do. With the beautiful kits Noel puts together - my
projects come together SO FAST! I'm serious. this took me maybe a little over an hour to do.

Get your kit out and have fun with it!
Have a great week!
Don't forget that NEXT week starts our big back to school crop!
There's so much fun planned. I can't wait!
~Leslie
 
 
 



2 comments:

MarciaD said...

Love your techniques with the mask!

Diane Payne said...

Love how you used the mask, Leslie!