Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 Pocket Calendars for my Kiddos!


One of the things my kids asked for this year was calendars. They are all getting a grasp on the sequence of time, counting down to special days, etc. and the visual of a calendar is really important to them! 

I found these little pocket calendars in the Dollar Spot at Target, but they don't particularly reflect my kids' personalities, so I thought I'd personalize them. 

I used the new Soda Shoppe Kit (now on sale!) and selected two papers to just simply cover the outside of the calendars. 


One of my girls like simple, feminine things, so this one is for her. 


The other one is more spunky, so I thought this fit her a bit better! :)


I used my decorative tape collection to put a strip of tape on pages that had important dates, like birthdays, vacations, holidays, etc. 


It helps them to see how much longer to those special days! :)


Have you checked out Soda Shoppe yet? It's a beautiful kit that you won't want to miss!

5 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Love this idea!! Will definitely be doig this for my little ladies!

gssfam said...

LOVE this! I think I may do one for Savannah!!!!! She's always asking me how many days and such.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Virginia! This is such a cute idea! I love how you used the decorative tape to mark the special days! Happy New Year to you!

Diane Payne said...

So cute, Virginia!

Lindy said...

really great idea! and inexpensive, too!