Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Be You . . .

Photobucket

As you may know, I am a sucker for some good quotes, in fact I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to them :) I loved this picture of my son, arms stretched out, so full of joy and silliness.  I grabbed my Daffodil Hill kit & my pic and got to work . . .

 photo beyou2_zpsa9b2cc3a.jpg

I thought the building patterned paper was super cute & decided to fussy cut a border strip of it.  Since the quote mentions "the world"  - I thought it would be a bit symbolic :)  I decided to jazz up the border strip a bit by adding some of the grey pearls from the kit in a few of the windows.

 photo beyoucu1_zps0930ec1f.jpg

There were some great flowers in the patterned papers that were perfect for fussy cutting!!

 photo beyoucu2_zpsbc84be5d.jpg

To create the journaling cards, I simply cut off the bottom of cards found on one of the Jenni Bowlin patterned papers & then rounded the corners.

 photo beyoucu3_zps5bb4fb92.jpg


 photo beyoucu4_zpsced494cd.jpg

Thanks so much for letting me share!!  Have a fab Wednesday :)


2 comments:

gssfam said...

Julie this is absolutely FAB! LOVE what you did and I LOVE that quote...may need to use it for one of mine! :D

Melanie said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I LOVE the photo. And the b&w looks awesome with the blue and yellow.