Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Sketch Challenge!!!

Photobucket

Alright scrappers - I'm back this week with a new sketch challenge for the month of March!!!  Lots of layering & circles on this single photo design . . .

 photo marchsketch600_zpsb8504cca.jpg

I love the the soft blues, greens, yellows, & grays in this month's Daffodil Hill kit - but don't be fooled - Noel also worked in some fun & playful brights in there as well!!!  I decided to showcase these on my layout today & show you how they can totally work for a fun summer pic :)

 photo dogdays600_zps14959896.jpg

For my title I used a combo of the small Basic Grey letters (love 'em) and those fab striped Thickers.  The little yellow dot on the "o" is actually the tops of one of the brads.  I was messing with them and it popped off the brad - voila, instant enamel dot :)

 photo dogdayscu1_zps3cb3b0cd.jpg

The Lilybee Design speech bubble patterned paper is perfect to cut out & use as embellishments around a photo.  I added in some brads, pearls, and stickers from the kit to "dress them up" a bit :)

 photo dogdayscu2_zpsc76ba432.jpg

I wanted to use the Elle's Studio "notes from today" card, but when I placed it behind the layered papers it was too high.  To fix that, I simply used my exacto knife to cut around the notes from today & date.  This allowed me to both tuck it behind the patterned papers and overlap them :)

 photo dogdayscu3_zps3e654ddb.jpg

Are you ready to play along with this month's sketch challenge???  I will be posting the challenge up in the forum AND on our new Facebook group HERE.  Your entry to this challenge is due March 29th.  Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post your entry under the Sketch Challenge thread in the forum OR in the March Sketch Challenge Gallery on our Facebook group.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive the Kelly Purkey Signature Series book - YAY!!! Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!!

No comments: