Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Enjoy The Little Things

Photobucket

 If you have received a Melrose Kit, I'm sure you've noticed how full of color it is :)  I couldn't wait to dig into my own & get creating!!  I was particularly drawn to the Elle's Studio paper that was already layered & knew it would work perfectly with some recent pics of my kiddos playing outside with bubbles.

 photo enjoy600_zpsabc7a02e.jpg

I kept my design simple, but loaded up on tons of stickers and little embellishments from the kit.  Melrose is FULL of fun little tidbits to accent your photos :)  I had cut my photos as if they were polaroids after printing them, and decided to stitch down the bottoms.  Because of the kraft colored background I had difficulty working with splatters of mists, so instead I used paint & it worked perfectly.  If you are using paint to create splatters, I have found it easiest to just dip an old toothbrush in the paint and run your fingertips across the bristles.

 photo enjoycu2_zps71f57607.jpg

I loved the "Enjoy the Little Things" card as a title and added a fun little banner strip along the bottom.  The gold polka-dotted star tied in the star border along the top as well as added some fun shine :)

 photo enjoycu1_zps8456ac72.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!! Have an awesome Wednesday :)

1 comment:

caz hancock said...

what a beautiful layout, so dying for this to arrive :)