Tuesday, April 30, 2013

He's All Swagger


Hi everyone and happy Tuesday to you! I'm here to share my last Melrose layout today. I LOVED this kit, so much! Are you sick of hearing me say that because I think I've told you every week how much I love it.

The gold in the Melrose kit was perfect for scrapping a photo of my handsome son all dressed up in his tuxedo for prom with his gold tie. He just looked so grown up too I had to have a photo of the two of us together.
I stuck with a gold/cream color scheme except for the little pops of pink. I figured I could get a way with a little pink since it was a prom page, lol! :)
I wanted to include some stars to make it feel a little more masculine didn't have any chipboard stars from the kit left so I substituted some from my stash and splattered them with the Heidi Swapp Gold mist available in the shop.

I also found a cute vellum and gold banner when digging through my stash for some stars that complemented the Melrose kit perfectly so I added it across the top.
I used the prom slogan from the tuxedo rental company for the title of my layout. I felt it was perfect for scrapping teen boys all dressed up. I used those fabulous gold Thickers from the kit and the pink letter stickers are from the Lasting Love kit.

If you have any prom pictures, whether they were taken this year or in years past, the Melrose kit is perfect for any dress/tuxedo combo with the multiple colors and gold accents.

The Melrose kit is sold out, if you missed out on the kit you can pick up the Melrose Paper Only Kit in the shop. Also, don't forget to sign up for a kit subscription so you don't miss out on any future kits!

Thanks for visiting today. I'll see you back here next week with something fun using the brand new Country Lane kit.

No comments: