Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So Happy Together

Photobucket

Recently I have been inspired by series of geometric shapes.  It's a fun way to keep design simple, while being able to display a variety of colors and patterns.  I decided to grab my Silhouette and a bunch of patterned papers from the Melrose kit & start cutting!!

 photo sohappy600_zps9843b8b2.jpg

Being that my picture was a playful image of my son & his cousins, I decided to space out the triangles I had cut in a somewhat haphazard way.  Then I stitched them down in columns.

 photo sohappycu3_zps01ec1fb5.jpg

I kept the title simple by using a premade tag, and then added the "noted" sticker & wood button with the "laugh" sticker layered on top of it.

 photo sohappycu2_zps112058a0.jpg

On the bottom of the photo I added an additional sentiment using an Elle's Studio tag from the kit & a Jillibean Soup script word sticker.  I also added an additional Elle's Studio tag at the bottom of the layout with the date stamped onto it.

 photo sohappycu1_zpsc99683d5.jpg

Hope this inspires you to take a few moments to think about some series of geometric shapes you could incorporate on your own layouts :)  Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

JennyKozar said...

I love this so adorable!