Thursday, May 2, 2013

Project Life With Country Lane!!

Alright, I took the plunge - I started Project Life!!!  I'll be honest, I tried in 2012, but was unsuccessful after 2 weeks :(  Trying to create a two-page spread every week was just too much for me.  I have spent the last year really thinking about how I would approach it if I ever tried it again.

Here's my Project Life Mission:

Simply put, I want to preserve my memories, both everyday moments & special events.  I love scrapping my 12 x 12 and 8 1/2 x 11 pages.   The artistry involved in those pages is therapeutic for me & I really enjoy it.  However, I'm a slow scrapper and there are so many moments of my life undocumented.  My mother started scrapping a few years ago.  With 5 children and a large extended family it isn't always easy for her to remember "the stories" behind all those photos in the boxes.  I don't want to lose "the stories".  I want to remember that Ryan turned a cardboard box into a rocketship, that Ryan and Nicholas drew an imaginary moonbounce on the driveway in chalk and jumped 'til their heart's content, that my two boys went "sledding" in 50 degree weather with no snow . . . 

This doesn't mean I won't still be scrapping my traditional pages, I love it too much not to.  It just means I'm trying to find a way to document the whole picture of my life.  I think both methods will help me do this.  I'm not going to restrict myself in any way regarding how many pages I need to do per month.  My plan is to do two double page spreads each month.  If one month I happen to only do one, no big deal.  If I do more, fabulous.  But for me, I think dividing the month in half & doing two is totally doable.  Here is what I came up with using my Country Lane kit, and a few bits from the past two Noel Mignon kits.

 photo nmplwhole600_zps710bb813.jpg

For the left side I used my Silhouette to cut the month.  I really liked how striking the month looked using the black patterned paper with text.  In the bottom left corner I included a recent drawing that Ryan has done.  Because the picture was large in real life, I scanned it & printed it to fit the 4" x 6" pocket.  This is a great way to include your children's art or writing, where the actual item is bigger than the space provided in the pockets.

 photo nmpl1600_zps021b6a47.jpg

I was a big fan of the Elle's Studio stamps in the kit this month.  They were perfect for Project Life!!

 photo nmpl2600_zps8e242600.jpg

Have you tried using your Noel Mignon kits for Project Life yet??  With so many bits and pieces in it, I found the Country Lane kit very easy to use for my first spread.  Interested in starting the journey with me?  If so, share your pages on our Facebook page - we'd love to see how you use Noel Mignon kits for Project Life!!

No comments: