Friday, September 20, 2013

Documenting August . . .

Guess what??  I'm back to tackling my Project Life album again!!  The truth is I began earlier in the year & then let it fall off.  I think I was struggling with the process of it.  It seemed to take so long to pick photos, edit them, print them, and then finally fill in all the in between spaces with journaling cards and other embellishments.  As the summer drew near an end, I realized HOW MANY photos I had when I decided to organize them on my computer one evening.  Then the realization came to me that I would never be able to create 12 x 12 pages of all the memories I wanted to document.  I jumped back into Project Life & have finally streamlined the process down over the past few weeks to a point in which I feel is pretty easy to manage.  Not to mention it feels great to be documenting all these moments!  I typically use an hour or so in an afternoon or evening to choose & print photos, as well as lay them out on top of the page protectors.  Then I use another evening to get creative with all the spaces in between the photos.  Here is one of my most recent spreads using this month's Miss Nelson PL kit . . .

 photo fullplnm_zpsf41002f2.jpg

Overall I am trying to keep my pages fairly simple.  I typically begin by filling in all the larger blocks with either pre-made cards, or cards made from patterned paper.  In the title block I added a strip of patterned paper to house my title that I cut from my Silhouette.  I also added one of the Fancy Pants Designs tabs to document the specific week.  The block below that was created from two pre-made cards.  The smaller card was intended for journaling, but I printed a small photo and placed it in the middle of the card.  It made the perfect photo frame!!  The card to the right of that was simply some patterned paper that I added the fun washi tape from the kit on :)

 photo leftplnm_zps040a9942.jpg

For the second page I decided to use a smaller page protector.  To dress up the black card, I added a few sequins that I stitched down.  A few additional stitches here & there, as well as a fun heart Silhouette cut were the perfect way to add some fun details to the  page!!        

 photo rightplnm_zps066143a3.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :) Have a fab Friday!!

1 comment: