Saturday, September 14, 2013

Squirrelly Girly

Hi everyone! Amanda here again with my second guest designer layout!

While I was going through photos for my book theme layout last week, I stumbled across this oldie of my daughter. Its an adorable picture, of course ;), but what stood out to me the most, and brought back a fun memory was the little squirrel on her shirt.

I'm not sure how or why it started, but from the time she was about 6 months old, my husband nicknamed her squirrelly. It actually started out as squirrel, but it changed over time, as nicknames tend to do, lol. When I saw that shirt, it instantly made me think of that, and I realized that I had never scrapped anything about it. This was something that he still does on occasion, and she still gets a kick out of it, so I really wanted to get it documented.



The photo was taken in the fall, but I still thought that the colors in the Our Summer kit worked perfectly with it. I just picked up on all the shades in her shirt, and layered them up adding in hints of the brown and kraft. I found that cute little squirrel border in the silhouette store, and it of course had to go on here!
Everything on this layout is from the Our Summer kit, except the mist and enamel dots. Two things that are go to's for me on most every layout! I am having so much fun with this kit, and can't wait to share the rest of my projects with you!
Hope you all have a great weekend, and take time to create something you love! Link me up in the comments, so I can be inspired by your recent creations! :)

4 comments:

JennyKozar said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Gretchen said...

Aw very cute!!

Gretchen said...

Aw very cute!!

Virginia said...

Love your layering so much!