Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Our December Memories- A Thrill of Hope


I absolutely treasure our December memory albums that we have. So do my kids. I keep them put away with all our Christmas story books and fill a big basket with them every December 1. We all love flipping through them. So, as I have realized, a December Daily album is not easy for me to keep up with, a simple December memories album is completely achievable. 

This year, I used the Ribbon Candy kit  and the Heidi Swapp File Kit to create the album. 

I simply selected a few of my favorite photos and memories from this month to highlight. For the cover, I used a printable from the children's Bible we read our Advent stories from, the Jesus Storybook Bible. 


Inside the first spread is a picture of my oldest after we got out from seeing "Frozen" at the beginning of this month. The picture reminded me of one of my favorite lines from the Christmas hymn "O Come O Come Emmanuel." It's so beautiful and haunting and hopeful.


A little tip I read on faking a calligraphy style handwriting is to draw a second, thicker line on every "downstroke" your pen makes. I think it looks so pretty. 


In keeping with the Christmas carol them, I added two titles here that coordinate with the photos.




I have quite the little note writer in my family, so the perfect place to save them would be inside one of the folders! One of the notes is her Christmas wish list, so I put it along with our photo of St. Nick and one of the lines from "The Night Before Christmas." I have such sweet memories of my dad reading that to us every Christmas eve... and my dad totally embodied the spirit of St. Nick. I can't read it without thinking of him. 

























Share with us in the comments a link to your Christmas albums! I'd love to see them!



No comments: