Sunday, February 2, 2014

Creating your own tissue paper background

Hello!


I am so excited to be here with you all this month to share with you some projects that I created with the February kit, "Book of Love."

When I first opened the box containing my kit and saw the white tissue paper used as padding for the cute kit I knew that I would have to put that to good use! Tissue paper layout backgrounds have become pretty popular lately so I thought I would try my hand at creating one of my own.

This was quite a simple task, really, as all you have to do is cut strips of tissue paper about two inches wide, thinner or wider depending on how close together you'd like the ruffles to be.

Next, draw horizontal lines across your cardstock (I used the light gray included in the February kit) using a ruler or straight edge and then, starting from the bottom of the page with the first line, run some liquid adhesive across the line and then adhere a strip of tissue paper on top, bunching it up a little as you go across. Continue this process until you  have added as many ruffles as you want on your page. For my layout I knew I'd be adding the bulk of my design elements in the top few inches of the page so I left those empty, without ruffles.


The next thing I did was add a 3-inch strip of the Elle's Studio "Dots & Hearts" paper to the top of my page and topped that off with a thin strip of patterned paper (Echo Park "Paper Airplanes") and then wrapped the red and white twine around the page. From there I added my photo and embellishments.

The picture, by the way, is one of some gerber daisies that my husband brought home for me the other day. Knowing that this would be a fun thing to scrap about using the "Book of Love" kit, I quickly took a picture of the flowers using the Elle's Studio "Love Letters" paper as my backdrop ♥


I wanted to add a title to the page but didn't want my layout to be too top-heavy so I decided to add a couple of chipboard hearts from the kit to the bottom right-hand corner of the page and on top of that layered some of the cute red foam Thickers for my title. I used a play on the popular saying, "he loves me, he loves me not", which I thought was fitting for my flower picture.


Here is a look at the finished page:


How do you remember the special little things that loved ones do for you? 

Next time, take a picture and scrapbook about it so that you don't forget those little but oh-so-important things. And, if you find some tissue paper lying around you can try to make one of these fun tissue paper backgrounds like what I have shown you here today!

It has been a pleasure to be here with you all and I am excited to share additional projects with you throughout the month of February!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sara Andrews said...

That is wonderful!!

Virginia said...

I adore this, becky!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love love love this! It adds such wonderful texture!