Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jackie George - You've Been Lifted!!

Welcome back to our week of scraplifts!! I had the pleasure of getting to play around with the fabulous style of Jackie George.   I have noticed some recent layouts of Jackie's that included AWESOME quilt-like patterns in the background.  If you know me, you know I love the quilted look on a page - as well as the opportunity to break out some sewing!!!  Here is Jackie's inspiring page . . .

 photo lift_zpsfa1e777d.jpg

And here is my take on that gorgeous quilted background using the new Wishing Well kit. . .

 photo iheartu600_zpsfa007120.jpg

I cut various lengths of patterned papers, just as Jackie did on her layout.   I then adhered them to the bottom half of my page in rows.  I also machine-stitched across each row.

 photo iheartucu2_zpsf3dc5d7b.jpg

Rather than create my typical oversized title, I chose to keep it simple with this cute photo frame and one of the GORGEOUS gold rub-ons from the kit.  Right below I added my journaling and then a few fun embellishments on the side.

 photo iheartucu1_zps576cd697.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Feel free to check out more of Jackie's work in our Facebook Group :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Julie! I love your take on it. So much fun. :)