Thursday, February 27, 2014

Scraplift of Lindsey Dixon

Hi, everyone! Jana Eubank here. This has been such a fun week on the Noel Mignon blog! I have loved seeing all of our members' creativity, along with the scraplifts by our design team! The page I chose to work with is this lovely page by Lindsey Dixon using the January 2014 Fresh Start kit.


I love the different strips of patterned papers in the background I loved the scattered hearts over the top and the way that Lindsey cut and lifted the pennants of the pink paper to add more dimension. I selected a horizontal photo from Valentine's Day last year, grabbed my February 2014 Book of Love kit, and got to work! Here is my take on Lindsey's darling page.


I duplicated the four columns of patterned paper from Lindsey's page, but added a 5th strip going horizontally to anchor my photo.

I tried to imitate the hearts and dimension on Lindsey's page by cutting out the icons and scribbly polka dots in the patterns and popping them up with foam squares.


I also created a grouping of pennants in the upper left corner. Two of the flags are from the sticker sheet in the kit. I used a pennant punch to cut the gray tag from one of the 3x4 cards included in my kit. I stitched across the top of all three of the banners and then added a paper doll garland cut with my Silhouette Cameo machine.


To the right of my photo, I added a title, journal block, and a few die cuts and stickers. 


I had so much fun putting this design together. Thank you for inspiring me, Lindsey!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: