Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cherish Every Moment


Hello friends!! Today I have a layout to share with you using the new "Carousel" kit! This kit is sold out, but we still have a few sub spots open for the July-December term...head over and sign up before we close them out, so you don't miss out on any more of these fabulous kits!!!

For my layout today, I knew I wanted to use this fabulous Heidi Swapp paper that is included in the kit, the large script "Life is Beautiful" title was perfect, and I chose to build on it and make a long title. 


It also gave me a perfect spot for my photo, rest of the title, and main embellishment cluster. I had lots of fun with this, altering some of the embellishments that came in the kit, to better fit the look I was going for with this layout.
I loved the layered vellum flowers from Pebbles, the one that best went with my layout, was a little heavy in the center though, so using the adorable feather stamp from the Lawn Fawn set in our kit, I altered it to fit my need. Using a light pink ink, I stamped it multiple times on a light pattern paper, then fussy cut them, and arranged then in the center of just one of the light pink vellum flower ( I deconstructed the one in the kit). Adding in a sequin, chipboard button, and some twine. I was able to create a cute, dimension flower that fit the spot I had in mind perfectly.


I also cut apart the wood veneer flower cluster ( that I loved) to be able to layer it in a few different places on my layout.
Finally, I need something up in that corner, and the adorable little banner pieces were perfect. They are a colored vellum, so they added just enough, without overpowering the area. I chose to cut mine in half, so I could layer them over one another, however, once I did that it gave me a pink and a yellow banner. The pink was perfect, but I found the yellow stood out a little too much against the rest of my color scheme. So, using the CUTE bow vellum that was in our kit, I traced and cut out and identical banner, and used that in place of the yellow. This allowed me to still layer my banners, but to make it all seem more cohesive.


You can still see a tiny bit of that yellow, since the original banner was an ombre, but in that small amount I was ok with using it.

I had alot of fun layering and altering embellishments on this layout. What are some of your favorite ways to change and alter embellishments to fit the look you are striving for on your projects??

No comments: