Friday, April 11, 2014

Using Bits of Color

Hello, Scrappers! Jana Eubank here with another page created using the April Social Butterfly Kit. I love all of the bright colors in this kit ... they are so perfect for scrapping all kinds of memories. This page features several photos of my son and his scout troup.

SCOUTING MEMORIES


I loved the colorful speech bubble paper by Simple Stories included in the kit and wanted to use it on this page; however, my photos already had a lot happening in them. That's when I decided to keep the background simple and just use a splash of color here-and-there.

A colorful patterned paper, like the speech bubble paper, is best used in small doses in this situation so that it doesn't overwhelm your photos. Here, I trimmed out a row of the bubbles and placed it along the top of my photo grouping. I used a a couple of them to add journaling to this page.


A few more snippets of color at the bottom of the photos in the form of letters, stickers, and another snippet of colorful paper, balanced things out nicely.

Next time you are struggling to make the products on your page work with the photos you are working with, try keeping it simple by using just a few spots of color.

Have fun!

Jana Eubank

No comments: