Thursday, May 22, 2014

Are you ready for summer vacation?


It's the end of the school year for most of our kids and if your children are like mine they are counting down the days until they are FREE!

This week we've had awards assembly after awards assembly and today was both kindergarten graduation (for my 3rd) and the last day of preschool for my 4th so this post is a bit late but I hope it's worth it!

My kids love school and do well there but they are more than ready for summer vacation, time to relax, time to play, time to sleep in and do lots of fun things.

For my layout this week I decided to do something I don't usually do- create a photo-less page.

Have you ever tried that?

Our theme this week is "end of the school year" and I thought it would be fun to create a layout about what our plans are for summertime so I gathered my kids together and we came up with our "bucket list" of things to do while they are out of school. Of course we might not get to all of these things but it sure is fun to think about!

I created this page using the Carousel kit from this month:


I used that beautiful Pink Paislee paper for my background, topped it off with some white cardstock with edges painted with spray mist. I like that it helps set apart the patterned paper from the cardstock.  


I added a small banner piece to the top of the page along with a rose that I cut from the Dear Lizzy paper. I also added one of these roses to the bottom of the page. I added glue in spots and then some of the cool pink glitter from the kit. This adds lots of sparkle to my page to go along with the glitter alphas and frame that I also used on the layout.


After adding some spray mist splatters (you can find some in the Noel Mignon store here) I used the nozzle to draw some lines for my journaling. Here is where I put that pack of My Mind's Eye alpha and phrase stickers to work on my page in a major way. This is a fun way to spice up your journaling and give it some pop!


I added some enamel hearts from Chickaniddy here and there and some bits of Glitz washi tape.

Have you created your bucket list for this summer vacation? 

Have you been creating with this or other Noel Mignon kits? 

We'd love to see what you've been making!

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by Noel Mignon today!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

This is beautiful! LOVE the mix of stickers and pen journaling! Beautiful Becky!