Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Enjoy The Journey


Hello crafty friends!! Today I have a sweet and easy little home decor project to share with you using the "Carousel" kit. 


I had this frame laying around that I had found on clearance last summer. I knew that the colors in the "Carousel" kit would be perfect to use with this frame! I started by taking out the glass, that way I could add some dimension to the main piece. I cut patterned paper to fit the opening, and layered one of the kraft Heidi Swapp tags and a doily in the center.
I loved this cloud wood veneer, but knew that I would never use it for a layout, so it was one of the first things I pulled out to use. It had a preprinted sentiment of "today" on it, but that didn't quite make sense for a decor piece, so I pulled out the My Mind's Eye stickers, and found this one, which was perfect. I layered it over a piece of the included washi to give a little more color. Using the last little leftover bit from the vellum borders, some twine, and the cute banner stickers, I made a "shelf" for my cloud to rest on.


Using foam adhesive, doubled on the wings, I adhered the butterfly for a little more dimension and color. Sequins and enamel hearts finished it off!


This was such a fun little project to make, and I used up lots of those little bits that were included in the kit!!

No comments: