Tuesday, June 3, 2014

You Make Me Happy


Hello friends and happy Tuesday!! This month Noel Mignon is the sponsor over at Creative Scrappers! My layout for you today uses the "Balboa" kit and is based off of the fun sketch that went up on the Creative Scrappers blog Sunday!

I love using sketches as a starting off point, most often, I will alter them to fit my style and photos. This sketch was no exception! First off, I am going to share the sketch with you.


A very fun sketch, but the part that stood out the most to me was the bottom portion, its very rare for me to use a big block for my title. The adorable Pink Paislee paper included in the "Balboa" kit, was the perfect fit for this layout! I loved it from the first, but knew that I would never use it as a full background. By cutting it apart, and following along with this sketch, I was able to use it in a way that fit my style!


Now, on the top portion, I really liked the grid style, but it just wasn't fitting for the look I had in mind with this layout, so I went my own way with it. Don't be afraid to break the sketches up, and just use bits and pieces that fit the look you are hoping to achieve. Sketches are great starting points to inspire, but that is the point of a sketch to INSPIRE! Whether you keep it straight on with the sketch, or go your own way!
Here are a few close ups for you!


I hope you take the time to play along with Creative Scrappers this month, and try for your chance at a fabulous prize from Noel Mignon!! :)

No comments: