Monday, November 17, 2014

I am Grateful

Hello friends! Happy Monday!! Today I have a gratitude project to share with you using the Early Autumn kit!

I wanted to create a project that my family and I could do together, and something that we could carry on from year to year. So I took the idea of the gratitude mason jars that you see all over on Pinterest, but adapted it a bit to fit the need of my idea.
First off, I used a vase instead of a mason jar...it gave the same general idea, but with it being larger, I would have more room for us to carry this tradition on.


I thought it would be fun to use some cut out leaves for our grateful items instead of just strips of paper. I cut a few with my silhouette, and will add more in as the years go on. I kept the jar itself very simple, so that way the notes and writing will stand out, and be the center of this piece. 

Just some simple layering, stickers, and a few sequins.


Wasn't that Fancy Pants ticket perfect for this!!?? :)

I am so excited to get started with this...I think it will be so fun to see how our feelings and thoughts change over the years as to what we are most thankful for...especially the kiddos! Will love seeing their handwriting change over the years also...have no doubt this will become a cherished family item!!



No comments: